Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So...

Just yesterday I had a conversation with one of my dear male friends, who shall not be named, perhaps later.

The topic=
Finding true love/"the one"

The response from both parties=
He: At 25 does not believe there is such a thing as true love. He has been cheated on plenty of times before and feels that the women out there are all the same (see Samantha in Sex and the City.) From then on he has always cheated on all of his girlfriends. He says he is incorrectable, but i beg to differ. He is currently with another girl, and he says he really likes her but that "his eye still seems to wander". BUT WHY? He says this girl is the "coolest chick he's ever met" so what's with all the eye wandering damn it! It is sad because he feels he cannot change the way he is, that he will always feel this way towards women. He believes that when people get to a certain age, they think "oh, it's about time I settle down" and whoever they are dating at the time or whoever comes next, they marry.

Me: I tried to be optimistic but it is hard when he is such a realist and when I am trying so hard to ignore that side of myself.

In the end, I have come to the conclusion that people can change, and will change, but only if they really want to, and feel that they need to, in order to better their lives.

No comments: